When searching for moving companies, don’t just go willy nilly. For instance, these are things you shouldn’t think about:
1. I’m going to choose this moving company because they have a nice logo. Nice logos mean that they’re reputable and won’t rip me off.
2. They gave me a reasonable price, so I have to go with them.
3. They have a cool name. Any moving company with a familiar name has to be good.
4. Their website says they’re honest, fair, careful, safe, hard-working, and licensed. So that means they must be good.
5. I just need to pick a company already. It’s way too annoying to do research on moving companies.
These five things are commonly thought by you, the consumer. You need to have a level head and do as much research as possible when you move.
- An excellent logo does not mean that the moving company is reputable and fair.
- A good quote does not mean they won’t tack on extra costs once the move is over and refuse to give you your stuff until you pay the inflated price.
- A good name does not equal a good moving company.
- Just because they say they’re the best globally, it doesn’t mean that they are.
- And most importantly, don’t be lazy. Do the research.
That last one is the most important because you can find out all the information you need about a particular moving company when you do the proper research. If you can’t find any information, that should tell you something right off the bat. Read moving company reviews, look up their licenses and insurance, ask them questions, and make sure you just don’t settle.
When you don’t do the proper research, you can find yourself in big trouble. I’ve seen some pretty harsh reviews before where people say how such a moving company broke their couch, TV, and mattress. They also overcharged them by $1,000 and delivered their items two weeks late.
As you can see, if you’re not careful with what you’re doing, you can get burned.
Don’t be a sucker. Do what you need to do to ensure that you’ll find yourself safe and sound in your new home with all of your things completely intact.